Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Lovely Yellow Dresser

This old but pretty dresser was given to me by a friend.....like 3years ago!
At that time, I was just busy taking care of my 3 little kids and had no time or energy...
But finally, I mean, FINALLY ,the youngest started kindergarten and I've got free time to work on it during the day :)

First, I sanded it down and primed.
It had a little too beat-up-look to my taste, so I filld some holes with a wood filler.
( I love wood filler, I can fix anything!! well...almost, that is.)



I painted it warm yellow.



For a finishing touch, I added a furniture applique on one of the drawer and a piece of molding on top,spray painted the original handles and added crystal knobs on the top drawer.



I really like how it turned out.
It makes me smile everytime I pass in front ot it :)

8 comments:

  1. Very cute, you know how I like a yellow dresser.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, thank you so much for your comment!
    Yes, I know you like a yellow dresser, yours was sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the furniture that you do!! do you ever sell anything? i would love to buy some of your work!

    (i got to your blog through tomoko)

    alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexandra,

    Thank you for your comment, how encouraging!!
    Black nightstand and blue table could be for sale in the near future and yes, I'm planning to sell some of my work.
    The thing is, I feel emotionlly attached to these furniture and I have trouble parting. lol
    Please check back often as I'll post it when something becomes available.

    Please say Hi! to Tomoko!

    30 September 2011 19:42

    Post a Comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. i understand how you could become attached to them haha!

    i will keep checking back for more items!

    how much would you sell the black nightstand for?

    alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everytime I finish my project, my husband asks, " So, are you going to sell it?" and I reply " um....no."
    He's more business minded than I am...

    As for the black nightstand,I would for $75 or obo.
    I'm thinking to apply one more clear coat on top so it'll be more durable.
    If you are interested please let me know.

    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the white accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Cynthia, I really appreciate your comment!

    ReplyDelete