Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Silver & Grey Dresser



When my husband first saw this dresser at a store,
he said " I used to have the same kind of dresser growing up."
So I guess this is from 60s, when he was a little kid :)



See the old style a la 60s? So dated.
He couldn't believe  I was getting this, but I saw the potantial.



First is of course, sanding.
It already looks better!



I leave some because they add a nice, old feel but I often fill some holes & dings it suffered from the previous? life.







Primed and painted grey, then I added white lines around the drawers.





Spray painted the knobs in metalic silver.
Also I painted inside white.
Then I waxed it to smooth finish.
And it's done!









I'm so happy how it turned out, looks pretty and modern.

Sayuri
Sharing at:






5 comments:

  1. 私これかなり好きな感じ~~(^^)
    これは置いておくだけで「絵」になるわぁ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ともちゃん、早速ありがと!!
      写真ではなかなか感じが出ないんだけど、優しい雰囲気に仕上がったよ^^

      Delete
  2. Great redo. She look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy, she looks better than before and I'm happy about this dresser :D


      Sayuri

      Delete