Monday, 21 May 2012

Blue & White Side Table

I bought this beautiful side table last fall.
I just loved it so it stayed in our entrance, holding a vase with flowers.
( I took this picture the moment I broguht it in the house.)


Luckily, I've been selling my furniture and most of them had found their new homes and also I was running out of stuff that I can paint,
so she became my next project...

This time again, I whipped up my own chalk paint.
I love it so much, its finish is beautiful ( chalky ),
distressing is easy and on top of everything,
it's cheap to make :D (...Huge smile here!!.. )

And she turned out like this....





Stencilling on top.



I love the details.






I gave 2 coats of Poly on the top, then entire piece was waxed.
Waxing is a hard job, don't you think?
I feel my arms are getting muscular...!!



Well I'm off to making dinner.

Have a wonderful week!

Sayuri


Sharing at :



                                shabby creek cottage Furniture Feature Fridays

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Toni, it's so nice of you to say so :D

      Delete
  2. Love it! The details are stunning. Great job! Thanks for linking it up. I'll be featuring it on our Facebook wall.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, I saw it on your page,also thank you for liking my page too, how did you find it??I don't even know how to link my FB page to here,hahaha...

      Delete
  3. This table is adorable! It's great inspiration for a similar table that I have. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it's so nice to hear my piece can be your inspiration :)
      I'm looking forward to seeing your table transformation!!

      Delete
  4. i love this little table, the color is perfect. I'm going to have to try out the home-made chalk paint. thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments. I am a new follower. kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, thank you so much for your comment too! Yes, you should definitly try homemade chalk paint, it's easy to make and is just gorgeous! Thank you for following me, I'm going to follow you too!

      Delete
  5. Beautifully done! Love all the little details and the color is sublime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! it looks soft and I'm happy how it's turned out :)

      Delete
  6. Love the colors.....and the stenciling in the corners......GREAT TOUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy!I love stenciling, so easy and results look great:)

      Delete