Tuesday, 4 September 2012

1930's Vintage Dresser with Mirror

Hello!!
This is another project I recently finished.

I found this vanity on Craig's List and fell in love right away.
It's a dresser from 1930s and I love the shape and the details, so feminine.

I've been using lots of gray and blue paints so far, so this time, I wanted a new colour.
Mixing up my own colour and making it into chalk paint.
I did this after midnight, when it was so quiet and everyone else was asleep,
I felt like I was a mad scientist :)
It's hard to see what colour this is from the picture, but it's mint green.


I always get so excited when I put the first splash of paint, don't you?


I painted the details white.
When the colour is light like this, you sometimes have to put many coats of paint.
I did 4 coats of green and white :)
After I did a little bit of distressing and lots of hand waxing......


She looks like this.
I think she turned out pretty.
My daughter came in and said
"Mom, everything looks so pretty after you touch them!"
That made me really happy!


I used the natural & dark wax.





I like beading:)






Painted inside white.

My daughter brought this necklace to me to use it in a picture:)


Well, new school year has just started today.
I hope all the kids will have a wonderful year ahead!!




                                                         Sharing at:



                         Furniture Feature Fridays       

16 comments:

  1. Oh My - I think this is the most beautiful painted dresser I've seen. It's absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations, I predict your will win all the 'parties' that you enter. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Jeannie, it almost made me cry :)
      You made my day, hope you'll have a wonderul day too!

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I love the style of this piece. You did a fantastic job with the details too.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, me too I like the style :)

      Delete
  3. I love it- it looks so sweet and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Beautiful makeover -
    Your newest follower - would love to have you
    come by and follow back when you have the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan ( a fellow Canuck - from Montreal )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,thank you for your comment!
      I'm originally from Japan and my husband is from Quebec and I've been to Montreal a few times.
      It's a beautiful city with lots of old European inspirations!!

      I'll head over to your blog now :)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty Sayuri. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. As always great work girl!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne!I love your work and am looking forward to seeing more bautiful creations from you :)

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful compliment from your daughter and I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, thank you!What my daughter said to me really made me smile:)

      Delete
  7. It's darling~ thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney for stopping by & for your comment:)

      Delete