Monday, 21 January 2013

Black & White Coffee Table ( with some sparkle )



Hello, hello, hello.
It's Monday, start of the week!
Hope everyone will have productive 7days:)

I'd like to share my coffee table with you
I finished a couple days ago.

It started out like this.
Pretty shape but it had a bad finishing job and I could see tons of hair from
a brush left on under a thick coat of varnish....

See the hair stuck on the edge?
Actually there were many and I think I removed at least 20!!!
( This is after I did the first coat of paint, it never looks good after one coat..)

Both side of this table has this nice design which I painted white.
A handle was missing from one side so I removed the existing one,
then there was a hole from the handle so I glued a sparkle.


I painted the table black and added a white line on top,
 it makes such a contrast between the colors.

I applied 2 coats of Polyurethane and waxed the eniter table 3 times
....and woke up next morning with muscle pain...lol



And here she is now:

I think it turned out pretty good:)




No distressing this time.




What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by and have a great week!!





Sharing at:







 
 
 
 

Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this pretty makeover at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for hosting a wonderful party, Linda!!

      Delete