Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Golden Sun & Clouds Round Table


Remember this Vintage Stamps Side Table I did a while ago?


Well he's got a twin sister!!
 



As her twin brother, she started out like this.



Sometimes I know what to do right away, other times I just go with what inspires me during the project. This time was the latter.
I didn't really have a vision other than I wanted it to be
pale blue and white....

So I started painting using my usual homemade chalk paint.




Then I thought I wanted to have a golden rim:)



I did a dry-brushing with white over the gold but I thought I like more gold
so I repainted gold again.

Then I felt like stenciling.


A small but helpful advice:
* Be sure to tape your stencil down when you do a bigger surface*
Because the stencil won't stay in place and more likely to move if you are not careful enough....

Then it looked so pretty ( or so I felt )
I finished it with polyurethane and wax.
Oh I hand painted the handle white.



And here she is!











To me, it looks like a golden sun with blue sky and floating clouds :)
It's a happy looking table.



Here're the photos of the twins ;) 






I'm happy that these tables are done!
Next project is going to be a square side table.

Take care, everyone:)



Sharing at:









Furniture Feature Fridays


12 comments:

  1. She really is pretty. Great job! :) I love those stencils. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!

      Have a great weekend:)

      Delete
  2. LOVE your tables! New follow from www.sewsweetvintage.com Happy Birthday!! And thanks again for your sweet post on Choose to be happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele for the BD wish:)

      Your post was really special to me, I think I watched all the Raymond shows:)

      Delete
  3. Is that stencil a piece of paper? If so, that is so smart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Susan you got me!! lol

      I like to make a lot of stuff from scratch, so that's what I did:)

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh...both of these tables are so pretty! Thank you for coming by and sharing them at my party this week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda fot stopping by:)
      I'm glad you liked my tables!!

      Delete
  5. Love the stencil on top! I need to get brave and try something like that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, stencils can add lots of charactor to a piece and it's pretty easy to do, you are so good with what you do, I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all doing it!! :)

      Delete
  6. Sayuri, I love the color you used - so peaceful. I really like the stencil - I am definitely going to have to try one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy!

      Yes it was very calm looking table.
      The twins already found a new home:)

      I'm looking forward to seeing your stencil project!!

      Delete