Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Blue French Cabinet


Happy Tuesday!!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week, I know I am:)
Spring is here and the sun is bright, flowers almost start to bloom,
 spring makes me happy:)



Today, I'd like to share with you my latest project I've just finished.

It started out like this.

It was an all wood, simple yet gorgeous piece.
First things I thought were that I'd change the pulls and
 add something on the front to make this cabinet more special.

Then I remembered I had 4 of these plaques.
I bought them a long time ago thinking they might come in handy one day.
And the day has come :)
Originally they were all gold in color and I had painted them white while ago.
I liked the frames around but not the flower basket insert.
So, I used my Dremel to cut off the inside.

....15 minutes later....
I love my Dremel, it was pretty easy to do :)
Then I glazed them and distressed to make them look aged.



I painted the cabinet in custom blue
 ( Storm Chaser from General Paint and white ),
added some stencils and lines.


Inside, I painted the door yellow
( Period Charm from General Paint)
and added French toile images on the door.

I applied Polyurethane and hand waxed the entire cabinet.


And here's how she looks right now.




The top



The bottom


The side


The pulls
I chose flower knobs for the door and
 painted them in the same blue
 ( as the inside of the frames,just more white to Storm Chaser)
and white color,
then distressed them and waxed.
Now they look like pretty pansies :)



The inside


When I got this cabinet, it came with a removable light inside
I thought it was neat so I kept it.



By the way, I used my usual homemade chalk paint,
I love how it blends in the wood :)



Have a great rest of the week everyone!!!

Yay!!
This cabinet was featured at


&


http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.ca/2013/04/transformed-tuesday-33-features.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PjhDesigns+(PJH+Designs)







Sharing at:



125x125

PJH Designs

22 comments:

  1. O.M.G
    What an amazing transformation - absolutely amazing -
    You'd never know this wasn't an antique - a glorious french chateau kind of antique
    BEAUTIFUL job - those inserts are gorgeous!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Suzan!!
      So nice of you to say so :)

      BTW, my daughter is sitting next to me right now and she told me your name is spelled with Z!!
      Sorry, I didn't notice that and I've always typed Susan....

      Have a great evening, Suzan!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job. Love the color. Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee!!
      Thank you so much for stopping by:)
      I'm glad you like it!

      Hugs,

      Delete
  3. Awesome job! I wouldn't believe how it began if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andi, thank you so much for stopping by & your nice comment:)

      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous and SO creative! We used to live in Paris, and we walked down rue le verrier weekly... Makes me miss it!

    Well done!
    Rachel
    maisondepax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thank you so much for stopping by.
      I didn't know rue le verrier really exists in Paris!
      Lucky you used to live there,my dream is to live in Paris when we retire :)

      Delete
  5. What an amazing makeover!!! It looks nothing like the cabinet you started with. I love all the details you added. Thanks so much for sharing, I am featuring today. -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!
      Thank you so much Karen, what a wonderful surprise!!
      You've made my afternoon:)

      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  6. I just saw your feature at Redoux. This is amazing! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise for stopping by!!

      Have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  7. wow...that looks fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Artsy Chicks Rule!!

      Delete
  9. Wow! This totally looks like a French piece now! I love the appliques and the color is fab! I'd love for you to share at Transformed Tuesday. My readers would love this piece. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/04/transformed-tuesday-32-features.html

    Have a wonderful week,
    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy!!

      Thank you so much for the invite, I'll be happy to link up:)
      You too, have a wonderful week!!!

      Hugsxxx

      Delete
  10. Very pretty. I love the color and all those beautiful white details (including that molding you altered). Lovely. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle!!

      Have a great weekend:)

      Delete
  11. Wow! Wow! And Wow again! Absolutely fabulous transformation!! What a great eye you have to imagine the possibilities...Great job!! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine,thank you so much for your comment, I'm happy how it turned out :)
      Have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete