Monday, 22 April 2013

White Chic Coffee Table

Hello everyone, I hope you are having wonderful spring!!!

I've done a lot of furniture makeovers but never done anything in white.
Can you believe it?



Refinished (and for me, distressed) white furniture has such a classic look
and I love them so much,
especially when I see all the lovely white furniture on the Internet
it always makes me want to grab a brush and start painting!!
However, I've always chosen colors other than white...I don't know why....

But this time, I finally did a makeover in white :)


It started out like this.

Good old sturdy coffee table which had seen better days.
To tell you the truth, I first decided to paint it in black with silver detailing.
.......and I hated it!!! It looked like a piece from the 80's.....lol
So I repainted white over and....I forgot to take any during photos so....

Here's the finished product :)


White color is Forget Me Not from General Paint
( I'm a member so I can have the paint 20% off, even if it's on sale)
and the grey is custom color.

I made both into my usual homemade chalk paint.
Before painting, I lightly sanded the entire piece to have a smooth surface.
I painted it, distressed it, then applied polyurethane on the flat surface
and hand waxed the entire table.





Stencils on top and the bottom





                                              
                                 





Distressed front,edges and corners :)
Here's a little bit of color,
it's Carribean Blue from FAT Paint.
I just bought the paint and had to try it!





Front door slides to sides for more storage.




I know...it's a picture heavy post :)

This is the back,same look as the front.
 



My kids all like how this coffee table has turned out and say 
we should keep it in our living room :)
( It's always good to hear your own kids like what you do!)
But I like this coffee table and this one has broken chicken wire front
so I can't sell it ( it's only my excuse to keep it)....
I'm selling this one and hopefully someone will love it:)

Have a great week everybody!!!





Sharing at:

PJH Designs




 

Furniture Feature Fridays


8 comments:

  1. Hi Sayuri, You should do white more often! This turned out so pretty. I'm loving it. I'm so glad you linked up this week on Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, thank you so much for stopping by!
      Yes, I think I'll do white more often from now on,I love the classy look white paint can create :)

      Have a wonderful week, Peggy!!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty... love the stenciling. I started out painting everything white! Can't believe this is your first white piece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia!!
      I'm supposed to go pick up my ASCP Old White soon and I have the feeling that'll be my fav white and I'll paint a lot in white too!

      Delete
  3. I think you did a fantastic job. I love the French stenciling, so pretty! New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody!!

      Thank you for your comment & following me :)
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Love the white Sayuri! The stencils are perfect. Great job! Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete