Monday, 23 September 2013

French Blue Side Table

Bonjour tout le monde!!
Comment ca va?

 Today I'm in a mood for French,
well, I am ALWAYS when it comes to furntiure makeover!

Today's post is about this side table I just finished.



It started out like this

It's made by Gordon's, Johnson city,
Tennessee.
It is heavy and as you can see, it's a good quality piece.
Those metal plaques on 4 corners are really nice,
that was the reason I bought this one.


This is how the top was.
It had a nice wood pattern but it looked so dated.
It looked like a piece belonged to a grand father in his library, holding a glass of whisky.
And I don't even drink much....
Anyways, it definitely needed a makeover.
So I sanded it and started painting :)


I heard a lot of people say that with chalk paint you don't need to prep the surface
and that was why I started making/using them but now I feel it adheres better if you prep first
 so I sanded good and primed with CIL's Natural Living.

The paints I used are Behr's Premiun Plus Ultra,
primer in one made into chalk paint.
The white is ASCP Old White.

I painted the table, added some stencils on top and the sides,
distressed a little, applied Poly on top and hand waxed the whole table.

Here's the completed product.


For the corner metal plaque,I used Martha Stewart multi surface metallic paint.




I love stripes, it dosen't look like a grand father's side table anymore :)

I'm really happy how it turned out :)

Thank you so much for visiting,
Have a great week!!!




YAY!!!
This side table is featured at:



http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2013/10/link-party-124-features-plus-modern-masters-winner-announced/

Thank you Karen!!!

                                                                     Sharing at:


Elizabeth and Co.


125x125

6 comments:

  1. Oooh la la - c'est tres belle Sayuri!!!!
    J'aime beaucoup - great job :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Suzan!!
      ( and that's pretty much I can say in French...lol)
      I'm happy you like it:)
      Have a great weekend,Suzan!!!

      hugsxxx

      Delete
  2. Wow what a gorgeous transformation- love the colors you used too!! Love anything "frenchified"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire!!
      Me too, I love 'frenchied" things :)

      Have a great Tuesday!!!

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous transformation!! Featuring today at Redoux. Starts at 2:00 PST. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Karen!!
      You've made my day :)

      Delete