Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Mirrored Top Old Scandinavian Side Table

I hope everyone is having a wonderful autumn :)
I can't believe tomorrow is already Halloween,
that means after that, Christmas comes and before we know it,
it'll be a new year...and we all get one year older again...lol



Anyways,if you follow my Facebook page then you probably know this,
that I had been waiting for my mirror oder to be ready for a while.
( if not please visit and "like" it : https://www.facebook.com/VintageBreeze)
I finally got my mirror order which I waited for almost a month
( it was supposed to be ready in a week) due to their bevel machine's braking down and
my first one had a scratch, so they had to make me a second mirror.
I went to pick it up today, came home, placed it on my side table, and Voila!!
It's done :)


But before that, I'll show you the *before* picture :)

It's made by Delicraft, solid wood, simple, straight forward design with tinted glass on top.
I wanted to keep the top but there were many scratches
so I decided to get a bevelled mirror.(hence the story above)

I sanded and primed the table,
filled the holes for the handle on the drawer because
I wanted to change it to a crystal knob :)
( so I didn't need 2 holes,just one in the middle)

When yo start a project, what comes to your mind?
Colours,designs,theme, finish....choices are endless.
I wanted to make this look like an old Scandinavian piece.
For me, that meant faded white base and subtle blue design.

I painted it first in black for undertone,
painted white again,then distressed to show the black under.
After that, I randomly placed stencils and started to make patterns.
( believe me, my left fingers got all blue from the stencilling)
Then I distressed the whole table again.

.............................Then I waited for the mirror to be ready for about a month!!!.......................

My husband made a hole on the drawer front for me,
I added a crystal knob.


FINALLY PLACED THE MIRROR on it and here is the finished product :)

 What do you think?



I enhanced the colour on this picture so that you can see the design better,
the real colour is more faded.


Modern ( mirror) meets Old World :)

Painted inside the drawer as well.


Not bad, if you compare it with "before"???

Have a fun & safe Halloween everyone!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sharing at:
 
125x125



No comments:

Post a Comment