Friday, 29 November 2013

French Provincial Dining set with Mirror

Hello again :)
 
This is my 2nd post today, 2posts in one day is a record for me! lol
 This one is about my French Provincial Dining Set I've just finished.
 
 
 
A friend of mine decided to go back to her native country Japan ( and I'm from there too) to raise her  2 beautiful daughters with her husband last August and she held a garage sale.
 I went there and spotted this table and 4 chair set and liked it right away.
It's always sad that your friends move far away,
I hope they're doing great and happy in Japan!!
 
 
Ok,here're the *befores*
 
After I wished her & family a good luck,my husband &I went for furniture shopping,
like I don't already have way enough furniture....lol
Then spotted this buffet & hutch.
 
Buffet
( Hutch is behind the table in the above picture)
They went well together, both in French Provincial style,
so I decided to refinish them as a set.

I painted them in bluish grey custom color and enhanced the details with white.
Distressed a little and hand waxed everything.
 
For the chairs, I chose dark French scripted fabric.
It's for upholstery and very durable.
aw....I didn't take any photos (again) so I can't show you but
removing old fabric and staples from chairs are a lot of work!
I did that and stapled the new fabric to the chairs.
 
And here's the finished project :)
 
 
What do you think???
 
I love how the chairs turned out.
 
I added some pretty designs around the apron, legs and the top of the table.
 
 
 
The buffet & hutch
 
 
Inside the drawers are lined with quality wall paper
 
 
 
 
Then I decided to do a mirror for this set.
Done in the same color and a bit of silver.
 
The black chair is for another dining set.
 
Take care everyone!
Thank you for stopping by :)
 
 


 
 
Sharing at:
 
 
 
125x125

2 comments:

  1. Great transformation! LOVE the details! I'm glad to found you, I'm your newest follower now! Warmly, Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you prep the top of the dining table with?

    ReplyDelete