Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Shabby Chic Duck Egg Blue Sideboard

A while ago my son had a dentist appointment.
My husband was driving and made a mistake and took a different way to get there.
Usually he knows his way and this doesn't happen often.
It felt funny like we were on a little adventure, taking the road that we've never taken before.
 
Then, I spotted this nice sideboard/buffet in someone's front yard.
They were having a garage sale.
It was a quick glance and we passed the house because we had to bring our son to the dentist.
I was so anxious to go back, hoping it'd still be there.
So we dropped off our son and headed to the garage sale.
There it was, all in wood, in decent shape ( except for the midde part of its back was missing).
It was priced very reasonable too.
So that moment I knew this sideboard was calling me and made my husband take a different way!
Otherwise,I wouldn't have seen it.
Thank you God, I know it was your doing!! 

So we brought this sideboard home ( along with our son...lol).
 

sorry for the poor picture....but nice, isn't it?
Except it was all painted in yucky brown and the hardware wasn't quite working.
It looked too busy.
 
 


Also it had those numbers on the drawer's sides.
Since all the drawers are in different sizes, there was  no point having  numbers.
I had to do something about it....(more about it later)
 
I painted this sideboard in ASCP Duck Egg Blue ( I love that color!) and Old White.
Did some stencilling on the front and added stripes on the bottom and the side.
Then distressed for a shabby chic look.
Hand waxed the entire buffet and it looks like this now!
 
 
What do you think???
 
 

 

 
 
 Stripes add a fun touch :)
 
 
 
Did you notice already that I love Paris?
 
 
Oh, what happened to those numbers?
They're gone!
 
.....under these cute images :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day :)
 
 
 


 
Sharing at:
 
GREEN wILLOW POND
 
Elizabeth and Co.
 
Ivy and Elephants
 


Furniture Feature Fridays

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous re-do!! I must say I was a bit shocked when I saw the before picture, you really outdid yourself on this transformation!! :)

    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystelle,

      Thank you so much!! I really enjoyed refinishing this piece :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Sayuri, you really transformed a rather boring cabinet into something special! Love the stenciled detail. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,

      Thank you SO much!!
      I’m happy with how it turned out 😊
      Also thank you for hosting a wonderful party every Wednesday!!

      You too, have a fantastic week!!!

      Delete
  3. I love the stenciling and the colors you used for the dresser but I must say, adding those images over the numbers was genius. They look amazing there! Just pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise!!
      When I added those images on the drawers, I thought they looked pretty good too!
      Now I’m thinkig to cover all the imperfections with cute images...lol

      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon!!

      Have a great week 😊

      Delete
  5. This looks like a lot of work and the results show it! It looks fabulous! A great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here resource

    ReplyDelete