Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Caribbean Blue Dresser ~FAT Paint~

Hello everyone!
I hope you're enjoying beautiful spring :)

When it's nice here in Vancouver suburb,
it feels like summer,
but when it's rainy it's still cold.....


Well I hope today's post will make us feel like we are at
the Caribbean beach...(or in Paris :)


This dresser started out like this.


She was sort of yucky brown color and corners and edges were chipped 
 showing more old paint underneath,
looks like she used to be green and pink.

On Facebook, I started to read more and more about FAT Paint
and was wondering if I can buy them around here.
I googled and found out that they make this fabulous paint in New Westminster!!!!
It's like a 15 minute drive from my house.
Hooray!!!!!!!
( I just got my driver's license the other day and
I'm still scared to drive alone though....)

Anyway, so I went to the store and bought this beautiful Caribbean Blue.


Isn't it lovely?
The color is gorgeous turquoise blue and it makes me happy just looking at it :)


I gave a good sanding on the whole dresser and painted it in this lovely color.
I know with FAT Paint, I don't really need to sand a piece,
but it's an old dresser and I wanted to have a smooth surface.


*during*
See the top and bottom drawer knobs?
They were completely stuck on the drawer,
I tried to take them off,
even tried to smash them with a hammer,
 but it wouldn't budge!!
Then my hubby came with an electric saw and
cut them off, even with metal screws in them!!!

Then I distressed here and there, I aimed for shabby chic look,
I hope I achieved it :)

Then I stenciled " Avenue des Champs Elysees" on the front.
Have you been there and walked down this lovely avenue?
I have (only once) back in 1994.
......Oh my goodness 1994 is 19 years ago!.....
No wonder I'm feeling old...lol



I wish I can live there or stay there for a while :)




Anyways, here's how she looks like right now.



I really like how she turned out :)










I hope you like it too :)
YAY!!!
This dresser was featured at:



&



Thank you so much!!!



 

Sharing at:

 

125x125

16 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sayuri!!!
    Love the color and the stencils are perfect -
    Wish I could live anywhere in Paris for a little while actually - miss the Champs Elysee!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzan!!
      At least you live in Montreal, North American Paris :)

      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Love the color Sayuri. FAT paint is something I never heard of. Must google and learn.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!
      FAT Paint is Canadian made artisan chalk paint,it's really good:)

      Hugsxxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, the color is gorgeous :)

      Delete
  4. Great new look for that dresser, Sayuri! The color certainly freshens it up and I love the stenciling you did. Nicely done!

    visiting from Feathered Nest Friday! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy for your commnet!

      Delete
  5. Love the color~ so pretty!! Thanks so much for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, love the color:)
      Thank you for hosting, Courtney!!

      Delete
  6. so cue! i love he color and graphic! when i was in middle school taking french we used to sing a song called "aux champs elysees" and every time i hear the words champs elysees i think of the song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie, I know that song too and I think I used to sing it! :)

      Delete
  7. So pretty! You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see you again at the blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!Thank you Kathryn!!
      You've made my day:)

      Delete
  8. Love the color and you did a great job with the stenciling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, thank you so much :)

      Delete