Thursday, 15 August 2013

Pink Stenciled Dresser



Hello everyone,
I hope you are having a great summer!!
As for me, I went to Quebec (Canada) with my family most of July and had a wonderful time there
with family & friends.

Here are some of the photos that I took during the trip :)




Hotel Chateau Frontenac







My most favourite church St.Anne de Beaupre


Yes I took some photos inside the church...wondering I was allowed...
then I saw a TV screen and there it said
"Please do not take pictures"
....sorry....
Many other people were taking photos so I assumed it was ok.




I saw a beautiful dresser at one of the churches beside St. Anne de Beaupre and of course had to take a photo.
It was covered with a cloth and as you can see there was a fence between me and the dresser.
Of course I had to move the cover to see what's underneath :)
( hope I was allowed to do that)
No I didn't open the drawer it was like that and I put the cover back after I took a photo.

OK, enough photos of Quebec.
BTW,it was my 4th trip to Quebec,I love people there, they are so friendly and kind,even strangers were very nice and I was so impressed.
Like if you get lost while driving and ask for direction ( my husband completely forgot that he had GPS on his cell phone and I didn't realised that for a while either.....silly us ),
 but then looks like we were trying to make a turn at a wrong intersection,
the gentleman who told us the way saw us and to our surprise, he got out of his car and came to us and told us the right direction again.
(he was ahead of us)
Who would do that????-Nice people in Quebec!! 
And heart warming things like that happened a few times.
Yes, Quebecois are very nice!!!


Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I wanted to show you the recent dresser makeover I did!  lol
I'll make it short from here.

This was the before:
A sweet looking old dresser


And here is the after:








I don't know what is going on right now here but blogger is acting up and I can't type well and
keep losing the photos I try to upload so I'll let you go!

Oh,you're more than welcome to pin my photos onto Piterest,
I'd be happy if you can leave me a comment here to let me know so :)
                                                   I hope you like my newest dresser.
                                                                Thanks for visiting!!!




YAY!!!
This dresser has been featured at
Elizabeth and Co.
  
 
 
 
 


Sharing at :




125x125



Elizabeth and Co.

11 comments:

  1. This came out awesome! The stencil is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan!
      Stenciling was a lot of work but I think it turned out good,so I'm ahppy :)

      Delete
  2. Love it!! That stencil is beautiful! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresser is beautiful! Great job on the stenciling. How did you get it to curve around the drawer side so well? Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved stenciling on this dresser and thank you for saying I did well :)
      I painted around the drawer white and then covered them with painter's tape, gently pressed down the stencil and finish them :)
      Thank you for hosting, I love your party!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip Sayuri! I also wanted to thank you for your kind comment about taking care of me. You are right. There are times when I feel so drained.

      Your comments are set to no reply, so I have no way to reply to them other than this. I am going to do a post about this, but here is a link that shows how to fix it: http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/02/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

      Delete
  4. Such gorgeous photos of your trip. I also love the dresser. The stenciling is fabulous. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle, I had lots of fun in Quebec it's such a beautiful place :)

      Delete
  5. That is a beautiful dresser - so pretty and feminine! And your trip sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, thank you! I love pretty & feminine :)

      Delete