Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Girl's bedroom Set


Summer vacation is (finally) over and kids are back at school,
I hope everyone's gone back to regular routine smoothly.



After we came back from Quebec,
I started working on a girl's bedroom set.
First I worked on this bed and learned that kids are usually not crazy about dark waxed furniture,
so this time, I used only clear wax to finish it.
I whipped up my usual homemade chalk paint in light pink strawberry cream color
and used ASCP Old White for the details.

Oh, here's the before:
( this is right after I painted the mirror)

Originally it was creamy white which was kind of nice but it was showing its age,
up-close it looked used and tired.
It definitely needed a makeover.
After sanding and much painting and waxing,
the dresser turned out like this.



On the top of the dresser says
"Avenue des Champ-Elysees"
with Fleur de lis design :)






And here's the entire set
I hope it'll go to a girl who'll love this set :)

Thank you for stopping by,
have a great day!!!

Sharing at:











125x125



Elizabeth and Co.
 

4 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous Sayuri! Some little girl is going to be so happy. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays.

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Redouxinteriors. -K

    ReplyDelete