Thursday, 22 September 2011

Sleek Black Nightstand

This was my very first attempt to redo old furniture.



I didn't even know we had this, it was in the guest room we used to rent to a good friend  of us, it turned out that my husband picked it off the curb, good job, buddy!
Well, my first attempt to use the orbit sanding machine and paint stripper.



Oh my, scraping the paint bits is such a messy job! it took me a good 1hour to clean it. But I love every minute of it! I don't know why, I'm usually not so fond of cleaning....;)


...and my first attempt to paint. I was SO nervous!




Painted twice and applied clear coat, put back the spray-painted-silver original handles, it's ready to go back in the house.





Not so bad for a first timer,eh?

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! especially for the first time.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this one 5 months ago.I'm still a beginner and there's lots to learn....and your blog is my inspiration ;)
    Thank you Kristy for joining me here, I'm happy that my first follower is you!( it sounds funny that "you" are "my' follower,lol)

    ReplyDelete